Resident Visa (for Non-ROC Citizens)

Once your work permit is issued, your HR Specialist will send it to you to apply for the resident visa. Each of your family members should fill out the online application separately, and then submit all documents required to your regional Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) by a visit or by post.

  • To find the TECO office(Taipei Economic and Cultural Office) nearest to you, please click the link
  • To complete the online application, please go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website at the link
  • For address and phone number in Taiwan, please fill in the Winbond information below.
         Address: No.539, Sec. 2, Wenxing Rd., Jhubei City, Hsinchu County 30274, Taiwan
         Tel: 03-5678168
         The above address and phone number is for visa application only.


After completing the online application, please post TECO the following documents or visit to TECO apply for it.

  1. The printed application form with your signature
  2. Your passport valid for more than 6 months
  3. Two colored passport-size photos
  4. Original and a copy of the work permit
  5. Travel Itinerary, bank statement or others requested by TECO
  6. Fee(Please keep the receipts for reimbursement)


For your dependents, the following documents are required:

  • Proof of relationship: Marriage certificate for your spouse, and birth certificate for each accompanying child, all notarized by the Taiwan Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) at the issue place of the documents.
  • A health examination report  (waived for visa-exempt countries or vaccination record (for children under 6 years old) authenticated by TECO where the report was originally issued. Please download the “Medical Form” on Centers for Disease Control website, complete health examination then take the report to TECO for authentication.
  • Please check with TECO at your resident country on how to submit your application, or any other country specific requirement (such as family register for Japan, or certificate of non-criminal record for Hong Kong/Macau citizen, etc.). It generally takes 7 working days to process your visa application.
  • If you are a ROC passport holder and your spouse is a non-ROC citizen, he/she will need a non-criminal record (past 5 years) , authenticated by TECO in your region, in order to apply for resident visa. The process may take up to 3 months.